Swim Spa Exercises That Will Help You Fulfill Your New Year’s Resolution
If you are one of the millions of people starting this year off with goals to improve your health, Creative Energy is here to help! Regardless of your fitness level or age, a swim spa offers a great way for you to meet your fitness goals this year.
Swim spas are designed with your health in mind, by combining the therapeutic perks of a hot tub with an aquatic exercise system. With adjustable swim jets, you can completely customize the resistance within your workout routine.
Transform your backyard into your own personal gym with a new Endless Pool Swim Spa and discover the benefits of moving your workout routine into the water.
Benefits of Exercising in a Swim Spa:
- Low-Impact on your bones and joints
- Stay cool while breaking a sweat
- Increase Flexibility
- Builds muscle strength
- Improves Endurance
- Promotes good circulation
- And much more!
Our swim spa experts are not personal trainers, but we do want to inspire to maximize your spa to its fullest potential. Below we outline some suggested workouts you can use in your swim spa to help fulfill your New Year’s fitness resolutions this year!
Lower Body Exercises In Your Swim Spa:
- Jogging in water offers endless benefits compared to traditional running exercises. In water your body is buoyant, which lowers your weight by 90%. This puts less pressure on your bones and joints while you jog against the water current of your swim spa.
- Bicycle movements are similar to jogging but incorporate fuller ranges of lower body movement. Hold on the edge of your spa and move your legs as if riding a bike against the swim jets. This gives your lower muscles a full workout, while also improving your endurance.
- Steps in your swim spa can be used to exercise your calves, quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes. Step up and down, using one foot at a time, and alternate your feet with every rep.
Endless Pools also offers a large variety of swim spa accessories. You can customize you swim spa with an underwater treadmill or an aquatic bike.
Swim Spa Core Exercises:
- Water Planks require the use a normal pool noodle or flotation device to support you in this exercise. Keeping your head above the water, press your floatation tool down into the water towards the floor of your swim spa. Lean forward until your body is at a 30 degree angle and hold this position as long as you can. A good goal is to hold your plank for one to two minutes.
- Water Crunches involve keeping your head above the water while facing upwards. Extend your legs straight out with your knees and feet together. Engage your core while pulling your knees into your chest, then returning to the starting position.
- Core Rotations exercise your core muscles and side obliques. Stand in your swim spa with your legs shoulder width apart. Bend your knees slightly while keeping your back straight, and rotate your torso all the way to the right, then all the way to the left. This exercise can also be done with aquatic weights.
Upper Body Exercises To Do in Your Swim Spa:
- Chest Press movements targets your deltoids, triceps and pectoral muscles. Face your swim jets with your chest submerged in the water. Hold your hands to your chest palms facing out and extend your arms straight out against the water current and slowly back towards your chest. Increase your resistance by adding aquatic weights to this movement.
- Bicep Curls are best performed with water dumbbells in your hands, while standing with your arms at your sides. Bring the aquatic weights up to your shoulders, and slowly lower them back down to your starting position.
- Water Push-ups require you to place your hands on the either the side rail of your swim spa or on a step and do a push up. You will lower yourself as far down as you can without submerging your head underwater.
Maximize Your Swim Spa Workout Routine With Creative Energy
Ditch the crowded gym this year and take control of your fitness routine in the comfort of your own home. With a swim spa you can achieve a full-body workout and meet your New Year’s fitness goals.
We want to help you take the first step towards better health this year with an aquatic fitness system. Visit the Creative Energy team at one of our Bay Area locations to see a swim spa in action.