Maximize Your Hot Tub Enjoyment With These Autumn Maintenance Tips
If you have a hot tub, you probably purchased it with year-round use in mind. Yes — hot tubs are great for summer parties and lazy days off, but crisp autumn days and nights are also the perfect time for a relaxing soak. And with all of the amazing health benefits of hot tubs, incorporating daily dips should be an essential part of your wellness routine all year long. Your hot tub dips are guaranteed to be great if you maintain and upkeep your spa in different ways. Prepare your hot tub for autumn use with these fall maintenance tips!
1. Drain and Refill Your Hot Tub
Fall is the perfect time to get your spa water ready for use during the cooler months. Even with daily maintenance, it is essential to drain and refill your hot tub to clear it of soap and detergent residue that can build up over time.
Following the instructions in your Owner’s Manual, drain and fill the water in your spa.
3. Refresh Your Spa Filters as the Seasons Change
There is nothing better than stepping into crystal clear spa water. To keep your water as clear as can be at all times, you should be lightly cleaning your water filtration system on a monthly basis. Cleaning your filters will help keep debris out of your hot tub water, so you can have stress-free time in your tub. Keeping your filter clean and clog-free will not only keep your water clear, it will ensure your spa pump lasts as long as possible.
There are a variety of How-To videos listed on creativeenergy.com, including one on out to clean your hot tub filters.
3. Give Your Spa a Scrub-Down
Scrubbing down the inside and outside of your hot tub is an essential step in preparing your tub for fall. Check out these tips provided by HotSpring Spas:
- For the whole spa: Use a mild non-abrasive, non-sudsing cleaner and a soft rag or nylon scrubber to remove dirt build-up.
- For minor surface cleaning: Use common baking soda to clean small surface areas.
- For a shiny look: Apply FreshWater Spa Shine to your clean and dry spa shell.
- For spa pillows: Follow the instructions in your Owner’s Manual to remove and clean your spa pillows.
4. Replace Broken Hot Tub Accessories
If you have been meaning to replace your hot tub accessories, Fall is the perfect time to do so. Worn out steps, covers, and cover lifters are all important aspects of your spa experience. Here are a few things to keep your eyes out for:
- Make sure your cover lifter is functioning properly.
- Has your cover seen better days?
- Side steps should be in good condition to ensure safe entry and exit from the hot tub.
- Are your lights and fountains working properly to give you a relaxing, ambient experience?
Fall is the perfect time to check in on all of these little details that will make your hot tub experience a great one.
Learn More About Fall Hot Tub Maintenance From The Experts at Creative Energy
While some spa owners choose to tackle maintenance tasks themselves, others choose to have a professional clean their hot tub. A professional spa cleaning will ensure your hot tub is performing to the best of its ability, all year long.
Does your home spa from Creative Energy need cleaning? Our professional technicians can take care of any task. Let us know which services you need below.
- Replacement Filters
- Replacement Hot Tub Cover
- A Cover Lifter
- Traditional Chemicals
- SilkBalance for Spas
Creative Energy has been trusted by Bay Area hot tub owners for over forty years! Don’t hesitate to contact us or visit our San Francisco Bay Area showrooms in San Rafael, San Mateo, and Concord to find out how we can help get you on track for an amazing autumn hot tub experience!