Freshwater Stain and Scale Defense is a liquid formula designed for use in spas and hot tubs to prevent scale formation caused by calcium. It can help soften water and prevent staining from water that is contaminated by metals like iron and copper. Elements in your hot tub such as pump seals, plumbing, heaters, and surfaces can calcify since they are continuously exposed to calcium present in spa water. If left unchecked over time, this can lead to damage of your spa’s equipment and staining of surfaces. Use Freshwater Stain and Scale Defense on a regular basis to effectively prevent calcium formation and reduce existing buildup. It’s compatible with chlorine, bromine, ozone and biguanide sanitizers.
- Using Freshwater 5-way Test Strips, dip strip in spa water
- Using the chart on the back of bottle, compare results
- Ideal range for alkalinity level: 80 – 120 ppm
- Ideal range for pH level: 7.2 – 7.8
- Add 2 oz. Freshwater Stain and Scale Defense per 800 gal. of water
- Circulate spa or hot tub water for 1 hour