8oz. of FIX A LEAK can be used for minor drip leaks. Use 1 whole bottle regardless of the amount of water in the tub, ranging from 250 to 1000 gallons. Water temperature should be +70°F.
Water leaks in hot tub or spa plumbing can be troublesome and in most cases very difficult to locate due to the foam sprayed insulation. The time and effort for a manual repair can at times become quite costly. With FIX A LEAK the repair costs can be minimal and often be done by the hot tub or spa owner.
- Permanently seal leaks and holes up to 1/8 inch in diameter
- Works well in any weather conditions
- Works not only for repairs but also preventative maintenance, as a surface coating that will reduce rust formation and corrosion
This type of application will be for hot tub/spa leaks that are minor in nature. When you know your hot tub/spa is leaking but cannot detect a noticeable water drop inside the spa a wet spa pad or actual water slowly dripping onto the pad or floor may be the cause. Since it will be difficult to determine if you have sealed this type of leak follow the steps below.
- Remove all cartridge filters.
- Pour the entire contents of the bottle into the filter intake or directly into the spa.
- On day 1 run the spa for 4-6 hours, alternating between the low and high-speed jets.
- Since the jets usually run on a 15-minute cycle, you must be present to restart once cycle kicks off.
- After the 4-6 hours you can shut off your spa or just allow the recirculating pump to periodically run its cycle.
- On day two, if the leak has slowed but not stopped, broom the bottom of your hot tub/spa before restarting the process as you did on day one of alternating between high and low speed jets for 4-6 hours.
- After day two leave the spa off for 48 hours. During this time frame check to see if the water level is stable and if the hot tub/spa pad remains dry.